missional ywamer

A thinking ywamer, living in Seattle working out how to follow Jesus and be grounded enough to hang out. How can I be in YWAM and live out a new kind of Christian life.

Quote: Jesus had strong views about rich men and loose women, but they both enjoyed His company.
Rod White Eagle Wilson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

A YWAM thinker, trying to work out a missional life in YWAM

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Friends and Über spiritual language.

I have been wondering if christians who use an über spiritual language have any friends outside church. I mean friends that are involved in your life. I don't think they do. How could someone outside the church relate with that type of language.

I think back over my life and remember a few time people telling me I was to heavenly minded to be any earthly use. Also there were many years I didn't have friends outside of my christian world. Mate you should have heard my language back then too. I hope that I'm getting closer to a language that people around me could understand and connect with.

My friend Gea Gort is a journalist in Holland, writing for the best paper in town on spiritual subjects which were really well received in the very post christian culture. She says the reason why she can write this way is because she has deep friendships with non christians.

I think it is an important skill and way of life for a missional person. We need to be people who speak of spiritual things in an earthy everyday language.

4 Comments:

Blogger philter said...

you should read Kimballs "they like Jesus, but not the church." It talks a bit about this.

2:36 PM  
Blogger anonymouslifeofme said...

Hey there this is Michelle Graham you probably won't remember me right off but I would really like to talk with you, please email me at chocolate_meesh@hotmail.com ?? Oh hint: 2003 Fiji :D

7:05 AM  
Blogger jthouston said...

Hey Dave this is Josh Houston from YWAM LA email me if you can.

11:19 PM  
Blogger kiwiupover said...

Hi Josh I would love to get in contact with you send me your email address.

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home